Submitting Annotations

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Poody

Submitting Annotations

Post by Poody »

I need to annotate a member's record. I have the written letter from the Stake President, but where do I send it? Is there a process in MLS that I need to follow?

Thanks,

Rich Finder
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Submitting Annotations

Post by russellhltn »

It might be a Special request.

But first, you might want to read Handbook 1: 6.13.4. It seems to imply it has to come from the Stake President or Bishop. It might be best to call Local Unit Support and clear up the details.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Poody

Post by Poody »

Yeah, I'd read 6.13.4. I'll check under Special Requests and see what's there and call if I have to. The problem I have with calling is I work during the day and typically don't have time to call SLC and then when I'm off I forget and/or they are gone for the day, so I was hoping to avoid calling, but looks like I may have to. :)

Thanks for the help, though.

Rich
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure what time zone you're in, but they're usually open 6 AM to Midnight Tuesdays through Thursdays, Mountain Time. Unless you're working 18 hour days, there should be a time in there somewhere. The main switchboard will be closed, but support will be open.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Poody

Post by Poody »

Good to know...it must be the switchboard I usually call.

Thanks - that will make things a little easier.

Rich

Return to “Membership Help”