Exported Directory: Add a comma to separate Street from City

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
adoga

Exported Directory: Add a comma to separate Street from City

Post by adoga »

I serve as Assistant Clerk--Membership in our Stake. When using the "export directory" option, there is only one comma automatically entered into the "Family Address" field (Column "E"). It is between the City and State. However, typically there is ALSO a comma added after the street name and before the city. Could you also automatically add a comma "," between the Street Name and the City (United States) when exporting the directory?

To us this is a big deal because while trying to create a formula to separate the address field into separate columns it's too difficult for excel to determine where the street address ends and the city name begins without some kind of delimiter.

For example:

"123 main street Salt Lake City, UT 84002" Would become "123 main street, Salt Lake City, UT 84002"

I presume this should already take place and it's just a bug that it does not, but either way it would be a huuuuuuuge help to use here if it could be corrected :)

PS. i know we could use MLS to do this but since we export the data most often when we are away from the church, having this fixed in the directory would be most helpful. Thanks. -Neil
jknacnud

Re: Exported Directory: Add a comma to separate Street from

Post by jknacnud »

It looks like a comma has not yet been added. I just tried it on a directory from my ward.

If you are wanting to clean up addresses though, you can always run them through SmartyStreets address validation. Give SmartyStreets a call.
adoga

Re: Exported Directory: Add a comma to separate Street from

Post by adoga »

Nope, no comma.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”