Certificate of Advancement

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
ThomsonTD

Certificate of Advancement

Post by ThomsonTD »

Can someone tell me where to find the Primary Certificate of Advancement in MLS? When I searched for this form in store.lds.org, I discovered that you can only order this certificate in languages other than English. The product description included this explanation:

The bishop presents this certificate to each boy and girl in sacrament meeting after he or she turns 12. This product is being discontinued and will shortly be available via the MLS system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Out of date forms

Post by russellhltn »

[Moderator note: the post above was split off from another thread as it was a new question]
ThomsonTD wrote:Can someone tell me where to find the Primary Certificate of Advancement in MLS?
From the toolbar at the top: Membership > Ordinances > Certificates

Using the picture menu: Membership Records/More > Record Ordinances/More > Forms/Certificates, select Certificates
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ThomsonTD

Re: Certificate of Advancement

Post by ThomsonTD »

Thank you. I sometimes have a hard time finding what I'm looking for in the MLS menus.

I received this reply from support:
When you first enter MLS you will see 6 boxes. Click on the "more" in the box titled Reports/Forms. In the next screen you will see 3 boxes. Certificates is in the first box titled Forms/Certificates. Once you click on Certificates, you will see a list that includes "Primary Advancement Certificate".
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

FYI: For those that may find this topic after searching: I think certificates are now printable from LCR. Based on the 3.2 Release notes:

https://www.lds.org/help/support/clerk- ... ng=eng#3.2
Added the ability to generate and print certificates for the following events: child blessing, baptism and confirmation, Primary advancement, deacon ordination, teacher ordination, priest ordination, elder ordination, and high priest ordination.
(I don't have the right privileges in LCR to confirm, but based on the release notes it should be there).
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

nathangg wrote:(I don't have the right privileges in LCR to confirm, but based on the release notes it should be there).
Yes, it's there under Reports > Print Certificates on the LCR menu.

Return to “Reports and Forms”