Facilities access to building calendars?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jeffshumway

Facilities access to building calendars?

Post by jeffshumway »

My local Facilities personnel cannot access our local building's official calendar (because they are not members of our stake). Yet they have responsibility to schedule and execute major maintenance projects on our building.

This has led to Facilities scheduling big, disruptive pieces of work (like re-carpeting) over really important events (think weddings, annual Christmas party, etc...)

This seems like a really easy fix. Who do I need to talk to so that our Facilities people can get access to the calendars for every building they oversee?

I am a Bishop in North America (who prefers to remain anonymous for fear of retribution from the all-knowing Facilities cabal)

JS
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Facilities access to building calendars?

Post by russellhltn »

Sounds like they're not coordinating this with the stake. Might want to look at Handbook 1: 8.3.2.

The stake people can see what is happening by looking in week view.

Maybe at some point FM will have more direct access. The way to advocate for that is to ask the stake president to press the matter with the area authority. The developers have very limited discretion when it comes to features and priorities.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

I don't see why there is a problem FM has always had to coordinate with the Stake PFR, and the Stake PFR has always had to have it added to a calendar.

So why should it be any different just because the calendar is now on line?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jeffshumway wrote:This seems like a really easy fix. Who do I need to talk to so that our Facilities people can get access to the calendars for every building they oversee?
Personally, I'd prefer that they not have access to our calendars directly. I like the way it works now, where they have to let us know when they would like to do deep cleaning or maintenance work. Usually we go with their proposed dates, but because we have this dialogue, on some occasions we've been able to say that a particular week would be inconvenient, and our FM group is generally very willing to accommodate an adjustment to the schedule.

Fortunately, we have a good working relationship with our FM group, and they would never just plan work on the buildings without coordinating that with us.

Return to “Calendar”