Where to find expense report in MLS?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
OS1802

Where to find expense report in MLS?

Post by OS1802 »

I cut a check and failed to print the Expense Report associated with that check. I have looked all over MLS and am unable to locate where I might be able to find and print that expense report. (The report I'm looking for is the one filed with all the check stubs and receipts)

I know where to locate the individual check expenses, but not the actual expense report.

Is it possible to print this report after the fact?

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Where to find expense report in MLS?

Post by aebrown »

No. You get one chance to print that report; if you decline that offer, you can never print it again. But the good news is that this particular report is not essential. The bishop can put his signature on the individual expense authorization forms.
OS1802

Post by OS1802 »

Good to know. Thanks!
brenti

Post by brenti »

What is the rationale of not being able to print the report again? I had a report not print any details so I had the Bishop sign that with a notation, but I don't think that's a proper method of recording expenses.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

iversmail wrote:What is the rationale of not being able to print the report again?
I'm sure it's just a matter of the product managers deciding that the benefits would not be worth the cost. Allowing the report to be printed again would require that a permanent data organization be added for a batch of expenses; now that grouping of expenses only exists temporarily while you are working on the batch, and so it doesn't have to be stored.

As I mentioned earlier, this report is not essential; it's merely a convenience if you'd like to use it. No audit step asks for this particular form; the only requirement is that the bishop authorizes each expense with his signature.
iversmail wrote:I had a report not print any details so I had the Bishop sign that with a notation, but I don't think that's a proper method of recording expenses.
Actually, any form attached to the expense documentation that is then signed by the bishop to show his authorization is just fine.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”