Member address shows in MLS but not in directory

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cloydmcallister

Member address shows in MLS but not in directory

Post by cloydmcallister »

I'm wondering why some member's addresses are correct in MLS but do not show up in LDS.org ward directory. Their name and phone number is there, but not their address. What can I do to correct that situation. I've tried re-entering the address, but that doesn't change the situation.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member address shows in MLS but not in directory

Post by russellhltn »

Odds are they (or someone) has set their privacy settings to hide that. I wouldn't' go changing it unless you've asked them and they want their address to be displayed.

You might also check how your calling is entered in MLS. I assume you are a membership clerk to be able to change it. In which case I'd expect you to see the hidden addresses. If you're not a clerk or bishopric member, then that probably explains it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cloydmcallister

Post by cloydmcallister »

Thanks! I am the ward clerk, but my wife couldn't see them in her directory. So they must have privacy settings that only I can see. I appreciate the answer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There are three settings: Stake, Ward, and Leadership only. They probably have it set to Leadership only. So you'd see it under your login, but your wife wouldn't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”