Changes To Membership Records Are Not Saving

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
webmonk

Changes To Membership Records Are Not Saving

Post by webmonk »

I have made numerous changes to a member's record, specially the address. All seems to go well and the changes are stated to have been saved. But later when I check, the information has reverted back to what it was previously / was not updated.

Can someone tell me if anyone else has experienced the same problem and if there is a work around?

I have been using the latest version of Firefox on Windows 7.

Thanks
Last edited by webmonk on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drepouille

Re: Changes To Membership Records Are Not Saving

Post by drepouille »

The lds.org web site seems to be a little unstable this evening. I would suggest you try again another day.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
webmonk

Post by webmonk »

This not not this evening. It has been over the past month or so.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I have made changes using Clerk Resources to well over 40 records over the past month with no problems. The most recent were on Monday. There has got to be more to your problem that is not affecting everyone.
webmonk wrote:Can someone tell me if anyone else has experienced the same problem and if there is a work around?
The alternative is to make the changes using MLS until the cause of the problem is identified and rectified.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

One possible explanation is pilot error, caused at least in part by a confusing user interface in the Clerk Resources web pages.

When a clerk edits an address and clicks Save, the system frequently returns with a second prompt suggesting a standardized address. (That "standardization" is wrong in the case of apartment numbers, but that's a separate issue.) Only if the user clicks Save again at the second prompt, after choosing whether to accept or override the so-called standardized address, is the edited address actually saved.

The user-interface problem is that the second prompt is not a pop-up dialog that demands a user response, and it is far down on the page -- so far that the user might have to scroll down even to see it. He might leave the page thinking the system saved his edited address, when really it did not.
webmonk

Post by webmonk »

Thanks for the plausible explanation, but that is not it. I am very aware of that feature. That is why I prefer the online address changing to MLS. Each time I scroll down to see the suggested address and click the final save button.

My recommendation for how to make the address confirmation more easy to remember though would simply be to make sure the page scrolls to that section after the first submit button is clicked.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I appreciate your ideas.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”