mission home addresses

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
BendixsenJA

mission home addresses

Post by BendixsenJA »

We had our students write letters to missionaries from our seminary. Is there a list of Mission Addresses and how I can access this list?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: mission home addresses

Post by aebrown »

BendixsenJA wrote:We had our students write letters to missionaries from our seminary. Is there a list of Mission Addresses and how I can access this list?
The address for each mission is available in CDOL, but that is basically accessible only by unit leaders and clerks.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

If you are logged into LDS Maps (https://www.lds.org/maps/), you can search for a mission by name and see the mission boundaries and office address. Make sure that the drop list to the left of the search box says "Maps" and not "My Ward and Stake."
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

As near as I can determine, the ability to search for missions is available only to people with specific callings (and to church employees). I am a ward membership clerk, and I was able to search for missions while logged in. However, I was unable to search for missions while logged out. A clerk in your ward or stake should be able to search for the mission address.
Hoosierfiddler

Post by Hoosierfiddler »

I want to send a package to my grandson. Is there no way to find out the Mission address? He emails us to send it to the mission home. Finding that ADDRESS is a killer. Online I found 2 different Addresses for the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma mission and the phone number is the same, so I guess I'll have to just CALL THEM. I hate interrupting their day for such a mundane question, but guess that's what I'm going to have to do!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Hoosierfiddler wrote:I want to send a package to my grandson. Is there no way to find out the Mission address? He emails us to send it to the mission home. Finding that ADDRESS is a killer. Online I found 2 different Addresses for the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma mission and the phone number is the same, so I guess I'll have to just CALL THEM. I hate interrupting their day for such a mundane question, but guess that's what I'm going to have to do!
I am in the Oklahoma City mission. I have sent a text to our missionaries asking for the address. I will PM it to you through the forum when I get it. Another method would be for you to ask your ward clerk to look it up for you on CDOL. Also, I don't think the mission office staff mind a phone call of this nature. Most of them are senior missionaries.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

davesudweeks wrote:
Hoosierfiddler wrote:I want to send a package to my grandson. Is there no way to find out the Mission address? He emails us to send it to the mission home. Finding that ADDRESS is a killer. Online I found 2 different Addresses for the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma mission and the phone number is the same, so I guess I'll have to just CALL THEM. I hate interrupting their day for such a mundane question, but guess that's what I'm going to have to do!
I am in the Oklahoma City mission. I have sent a text to our missionaries asking for the address. I will PM it to you through the forum when I get it. Another method would be for you to ask your ward clerk to look it up for you on CDOL. Also, I don't think the mission office staff mind a phone call of this nature. Most of them are senior missionaries.
I found it on classic maps (it is in Edmond, OK). I went to google street view and confirmed. Have not heard back from our full time missionaries yet. I will PM you the address and phone number.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Hoosierfiddler wrote:He emails us to send it to the mission home.
If that information isn't readily available, it seems like a fair question to ask of him.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I have leadership access in LCR (I don't know if this makes a difference), and I can do the following (using the laptop web interface):
1) My Account => My Ward => Ward Directory and Map
2) Click the "Missionary" tab in the menu on the bottom-left
3) Click "Serving"
4) Click the missionary who I want
5) The Mission Office info is displayed

So one way to get access to where to send a package, would be to ask the missionary's home ward for this info, they can pull it up very easily. Of course, getting them to respond in a timely manner, may not be as easy...
ivanlnelson

Post by ivanlnelson »

Let's fix this brothers.

If you have a missionary in the field their address and contact info should show in your lds tools.
Another option would be to show their address in your lds account information.
It should not be this difficult to be able to find the address of your child's mission.

Contact me, I will help write the code.

Ivan Nelson
ivanlnelson@gmail.com

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”