First Initial of Children Names in pdf directory messed up

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mmarx

First Initial of Children Names in pdf directory messed up

Post by mmarx »

When I create a ward picture directory pdf file, the first initial of the childrens' names are messed up. It looks like there are 2 letters written over the top of each other for the first letter. As a result, the childrens' names are not legible. Can you fix this soon?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: First Initial of Children Names in pdf directory messed

Post by russellhltn »

There must be more to this. I tried to duplicate it and I can't. I went to the photo directory, checked every option, and opened the results in Adobe Reader. The children's names are fine.

What am I missing?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I haven't tried to duplicate your problem, but when I see PDF problems, usually the first thing I do is try opening it in Adobe Reader for Win or Mac (or Acrobat). If you're already using Adobe, then it's likely a real problem, although I'd suggest trying a non-Adobe reader just to verify. I've found that sometimes non-Adobe readers don't render PDFs properly.

Now supposing that different PDF readers all show the same problem, I suggest changing some of the parameters when generating the PDF output (such as the # of columns and which items you're including on the directory...especially try one column). Are the results consistent, or in some cases does it cause a problem and others it doesn't?

Another thought: I don't know where you're located. How many characters long are the names? Are you using the Latin/Roman alphabet or a different character system? What language is your computer's operating system (English, German, Spanish, etc...)?

You write English well, but as we've seen here, that doesn't mean you're in an English-speaking country or church unit, so it's better to ask questions, rather than make an assumption.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:How many characters long are the names?
Ours has some names that did a word wrap - still no problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mmarx

Post by mmarx »

I just tried creating the directory again and this time the names of the children look fine. So, I'm not sure what happened but it works fine for me now!

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”