Address Change Not Saved When Accessing MLS Through LDS.ORG

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
ronalines

Address Change Not Saved When Accessing MLS Through LDS.ORG

Post by ronalines »

Hello Dear Brothers and Sisters,
When I access our Branch LDS by logging into LDS.ORG, I then go to the 'clerk' area, double-click on a name and edit the address. After I finish editing the address, I save it. Then when I go back to check, the changes are not saved at all. The old address is still there. Anyone know why edit changes are not saved through LDS.ORG.

Thanks to All,

President Ron Lines
techgy
Community Moderators

Re: Address Change Not Saved When Accessing MLS Through LDS.

Post by techgy »

ronalines wrote:Hello Dear Brothers and Sisters,
When I access our Branch LDS by logging into LDS.ORG, I then go to the 'clerk' area, double-click on a name and edit the address. After I finish editing the address, I save it. Then when I go back to check, the changes are not saved at all. The old address is still there. Anyone know why edit changes are not saved through LDS.ORG.

Thanks to All,

President Ron Lines
President,
I'm not sure of the exact time period, but I do know that it takes several hours - perhaps even a day or two before the changes or noticed on lds.org - give it some time.
ronalines

Post by ronalines »

Great tip techgy, I wondered why the update wasn't happening.

Kindest Regards
mevans

Post by mevans »

techgy wrote: I'm not sure of the exact time period, but I do know that it takes several hours - perhaps even a day or two before the changes or noticed on lds.org - give it some time.
Recently, I haven't experienced it taking several hours. It's seemed to be pretty quick to me when I've changed addresses. I just did a test and changed my own address through clerk.lds.org so it has the 9 digit US zip code. It was instantly available at lds.org/directory. I learned recently that when records are moved, the photo doesn't follow until a batch process updates it, but lately when I've moved in records or changed addresses, it seems pretty quick everywhere. I think in the past it did take longer. Maybe they've improved something?

ronalines: Have you confirmed that the update eventually occurred?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”