Help needed to put unit leadrship changes in MLS

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
M.Grey

Help needed to put unit leadrship changes in MLS

Post by M.Grey »

Hi I am a District Clerk, I have a situation where one of our units have called a new Branch Clerk
but apparently I also need to put his name in the District MLS for him to be recognized. This is so he can do the tithing. How do I do this at the district Level?

I can only see how I can add people for district callings, not branch ones.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bro Grey
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Help needed to put unit leadrship changes in MLS

Post by lajackson »

M.Grey wrote:This is so he can do the tithing. How do I do this at the district Level?
I do not believe you have to do this at the district level. For him to do finances, he needs to be entered in branch MLS in the standard position of Branch Clerk and he will also need to be given finance privileges on his MLS login. Another MLS administrator can do this in MLS under System > Users.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm guessing this is the same as a ward having a new bishop. That requires the Stake/Mission to file a Leader and Unit Change Request. It can't be done by the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

russellhltn wrote:I'm guessing this is the same as a ward having a new bishop. That requires the Stake/Mission to file a Leader and Unit Change Request. It can't be done by the ward.
Not for a clerk it is just like lajackson stated. Put him in MLS as the Branch Clerk which need done at the Branch level, since he is the Branch Clerk I would give him administrator rights.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

One other thing that wasn't explicitly stated, in MLS you will need to create a user for him and make sure that it is tied to his membership (and that the user account has the correct rights). Once that is done and the calling is recorded in MLS he should have access to do finances. You may have to log out to have his user info show up in the finance batch authorization screen.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:One other thing that wasn't explicitly stated, in MLS you will need to create a user for him and make sure that it is tied to his membership (and that the user account has the correct rights). Once that is done and the calling is recorded in MLS he should have access to do finances. You may have to log out to have his user info show up in the finance batch authorization screen.
Right. That will be required to get access to the functions in MLS that runs on the ward computer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”