Two family members want emailed newsletter

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

Two family members want emailed newsletter

Post by zaneclark »

This is not a big issue, but I have a family where the husband and wife would each like to get the email notices I send to the ward via the Directory>Adults. My understanding is that the email broadcasts only go to the household email address, not to individually listed addresses.
Any ideas on how this could work?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Two family members want emailed newsletter

Post by aebrown »

When you use the Ward Organizations > Adults option, the email address used is the individual address (not the household address), so this already works the way you want it to work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

zaneclark wrote:This is not a big issue, but I have a family where the husband and wife would each like to get the email notices I send to the ward via the Directory>Adults. My understanding is that the email broadcasts only go to the household email address, not to individually listed addresses.
Any ideas on how this could work?
That's not what I'm seeing. I looked at two cases. In the first case the couple both had individual email addresses and no household email. In this case both individual emails were included. In the other case there was a household email and the wife had an individual email (but the husband did not). The email list included the household address and the individual address.

So it looks like it uses the individual address if available and the household address if not.

But I did see one other interesting case. There was a household email with Stake Visibility and both husband and wife had individual emails but with Leadership Only visibility. In that case I only got the household email.

It looks like the email lists do not include email addresses with Leadership Only visibility even if you have rights to see those addresses.

If the wife in your case has a private email and if she is willing to make it ward or stake visibility then it should work.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I just checked the email list under Adults. and BOTH of their individual email addresses are listed....... I will encourage them to be a little more diligent in checking their email!
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

If one of them is not seeing it, I'd suggest they check their spam folder. It might be there...

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”