Can "Stake Assistant Clerk" be used for Finance & Membership

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
adoga

Can "Stake Assistant Clerk" be used for Finance & Membership

Post by adoga »

The Stake Clerk added the newly called Stake Assistant Clerk for Finance, and I to MLS today. I was called as the Stake Assistant Clerk for Membership.

However, he used "Stake Assistant Clerk" as the calling instead of "Stake Assistant Clerk--Finance" and "Stake Assistant Clerk--Membership".

He only added them today, and i noticed they're in CDOL already. However, neither of us has the permissions needed to do our callings yet.

Will we have the correct permissions if we leave them in MLS the way they are? Do i just need to be patient before they synchronize with the other systems?

-Neil
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can "Stake Assistant Clerk" be used for Finance & Member

Post by russellhltn »

adoga wrote:However, neither of us has the permissions needed to do our callings yet.
What rights are you expecting to get? I don't think there's much in the way of finance functions on the website, and I can't think of what Stake-membership would do since the membership is handled by the wards.

I think it does take time to sync the rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
adoga

Post by adoga »

neither of us can access the training for new clerks, or the leader website at all...

For me as membership clerk I'd like access to edit contact information, photos, etc. There are lots of things the Stake president has asked me to do right away that will require this ability to assist ward clerks in this effort..primarily for training purposes but also to help them out too.

I was ward clerk for membership previous to this... i just expected the stake clerk for membership to have the same permissions--but expanded to the stake level. I was surpised to see I didn't have them yet so I was curious if it was permanent, a timing issue, or just a mistake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

adoga wrote:For me as membership clerk I'd like access to edit contact information, photos, etc. There are lots of things the Stake president has asked me to do right away that will require this ability to assist ward clerks in this effort..primarily for training purposes but also to help them out too.
I don't think you'll have access to do any of that.

You might try seeing if you have access to https://clerksupport.lds.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
adoga

Post by adoga »

russellhltn wrote:
adoga wrote:For me as membership clerk I'd like access to edit contact information, photos, etc. There are lots of things the Stake president has asked me to do right away that will require this ability to assist ward clerks in this effort..primarily for training purposes but also to help them out too.
I don't think you'll have access to do any of that.

You might try seeing if you have access to https://clerksupport.lds.org.
I do to a few things but only a few... i'm sure there are many more i dont see... Question is: does our calling information need to be updated in MLS to reflect "--finance" and "--membership"?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

adoga wrote:I do to a few things but only a few... i'm sure there are many more i dont see... Question is: does our calling information need to be updated in MLS to reflect "--finance" and "--membership"?
You can try, but honestly, I don't know as it would help.

But I'd wait a couple of days first for the rights to catch up.

adoga

Post by adoga »

OK. Thanks
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I was ward clerk for membership previous to this... i just expected the stake clerk for membership to have the same permissions--but expanded to the stake level. I was surpised to see I didn't have them yet so I was curious if it was permanent, a timing issue, or just a mistake.
According to the Directory help stake administrators (which includes Stake Assistant Clerk, Stake Assistant Clerk-Membership and Stake Assistant Clerk-Finance) have rights to edit profile information (phone, email and privacy settings) but can't manage photos.

The access table for the Clerk Resources site indicates that stake clerks can enter temple recommend information but they can't edit any contact information. Stake Assistant Clerk-Finance has no rights on Clerk Resources at all.

So overall stake clerks do not have the same permissions for membership data that ward clerks do.

But if you don't have the access to Clerk Resources at all and if you can't edit profile information in the Directory then your calling probably hasn't synced to the other systems yet. It used to take up to 2 days but I think it should be synced by tomorrow morning nowadays.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:According to the Directory help stake administrators (which includes Stake Assistant Clerk, Stake Assistant Clerk-Membership and Stake Assistant Clerk-Finance) have rights to edit profile information (phone, email and privacy settings) but can't manage photos.
Yeah, but I think that's no longer true. I think that disappeared when it was discovered the MRNs were being exposed to too many people.

Honestly, I don't know why stake people would need rights to edit contact information. The wards should be doing that.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
eblood66 wrote:According to the Directory help stake administrators (which includes Stake Assistant Clerk, Stake Assistant Clerk-Membership and Stake Assistant Clerk-Finance) have rights to edit profile information (phone, email and privacy settings) but can't manage photos.
Yeah, but I think that's no longer true. I think that disappeared when it was discovered the MRNs were being exposed to too many people.
Well, it certainly is still true that a stake clerk can edit profile information for any stake member on the Directory. Perhaps assistant stake clerks have lost that ability, but stake clerks still have it.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”