Week View errors

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
preston.baxter

Week View errors

Post by preston.baxter »

In MONTH view I correctly see a repeating event on each of two days, 13 and 14 December. When I view those days in WEEK view, the Saturday event incorrectly displays as the event that is scheduled for 7 December. When I click on the incorrect event, the pop-up displays the information for 7 December. AGENDA view shows the events correctly. This display issue occurs in both Internet Explorer 9 and Google Chrome 31.

Attachments:
*Month = Correct events for 13-14 Dec
Month.jpg
Month.jpg (3.61 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
*Week = Display for event on 7 Dec (correct, except the event is displayed in calendar view 30 minutes later than actually scheduled)
Week.jpg
(15.82 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
*Week2 = Incorrect event for 14 Dec (also note incorrect "black" event on Sunday ... the event title "Tithing Settlement" matches the event scheduled immediately prior, but is in fact the First Presidency Devotional. This is a typical display issue for WEEK view, over-writing an event title with a previous event.). Note the Saturday evening event title is wrong, and displayed times don't match what is shown on the calendar view.
Week2.jpg
(94.76 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
*Popup = what I see when I single-click on the erroneous event (details for the event on 7 Dec)
Popup.jpg
Popup.jpg (22.51 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
Thanks,
Preston Baxter
Highland Ward
Sandy Utah Granite South Stake
preston.baxter

Re: Week View errors

Post by preston.baxter »

Zero replies? Does that mean nobody else is seeing this issue?

I made a change to the "Ward Choir" event on the 8th and now the incorrectly displayed items have changed:
Sunday.jpg
Sunday.jpg (17.26 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
Some of these events are repeating (PPI), but others are not (choir, Tithing, etc). The original issue on Saturday ("ghost" Winter Ball) does not include a repeating event. Some of the incorrectly-displayed events overlap (Sunday the 8th) but others do not. For awhile I thought the incorrectly-displayed events were always associated with the final one shown in a particular "column" for the day, but this change on the 8th dispells that idea since "Tithing Settlement" is now shown correctly, while the second "High Priest" event immediately before is now the incorrect item. So I am not sure what the pattern is.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

I can say the issue only happens when there is an event immediately prior to the incorrectly-displayed one. The events do not have to be on the same calendar, but it can happen when they are. When it happens on adjacent events from different calendars, un-displaying the calendar for the earlier (correct) event immediately restores to correct the display of the later (incorrect) event. Re-displaying the calendar with the earlier event also reverts the display of the later event to be incorrect.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think your second problem is the same as the one described in Week View problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

@preston.baxter - I wouldn't get your hopes up that by identifying the issue, it will be fixed in a timely manner. There have been outstanding issues for over a year that haven't been fix...not trying to be negative, just setting your expectations. No timetable for fixes or enhancements have been communicated by the church. Perhaps the moderators know more about the priorities.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

Seems like kind of a big deal when a bug makes the calendar essentially unusable.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

preston.baxter wrote:Seems like kind of a big deal when a bug makes the calendar essentially unusable.
I don't see how this LITTLE problem is making the calendar essentially unusable. While its annoying at the most the functions for scheduling events still work properly.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

OK so it was late and I was tired and the hyperbole just spilled out of me ...

However, it's not a little problem when people actually try to use the calendar to see what events are going on. Yes, the room reservation features work, but someone who logs on to see what time the Relief Society dinner is starting but all they see is a duplicate cub scout event, they will either miss the dinner or decide the calendar is broken and not worth their time to open next time. (THAT scenario is not hyperbole.)

That said, at least the AGENDA view works fine, so I'll keep using that information in our Sunday bulletins.

Return to “Calendar”