Bugs in lesson scheduling

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
davelef

Bugs in lesson scheduling

Post by davelef »

Putting in the 2014 lessons for HP and ran into the following:
* When selecting an instructor, you have to use a mouse; if you tap the name of the instructor in the drop-down list on a touch screen, it will not select it.
* You can only insert one instructor. Normally this is fine but we sometimes need two names there and cannot do it now.
* You can only insert one URL. This we do every month with our Teachings for our Times lessons, which always include 2-3 conference talks. With only one, no one can prepare ahead of time by reading all the talks.
* There is no comment or description field for making notes beyond the title. Many examples where we want to explain something ahead of the class to help people prepare that needs more than just the name of the class.
* Lessons pre-inserted for the new manual was a good idea but nonsense, completely jumbled and out of order. So it saved zero time as I had to edit every one anyway.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Bugs in lesson scheduling

Post by jdlessley »

I think the title of your post and therefore this thread should be "lesson scheduling requested enhancements" since the program is functioning as programed.
davelef wrote:You can only insert one instructor. Normally this is fine but we sometimes need two names there and cannot do it now.
This feature has been requested several times. This thread was the most recent.
davelef wrote:You can only insert one URL
This has also been discussed several times. A workaround is presented in this post.
davelef wrote:There is no comment or description field for making notes beyond the title.
This is the first time I recall this enhancement requested. I recommend submitting this using the feedback link found on the LDS.org home page.
davelef wrote:Lessons pre-inserted for the new manual was a good idea but nonsense, completely jumbled and out of order. So it saved zero time as I had to edit every one anyway.
This is a problem with the data rather than the program and has been reported in another thread.

[Moderator note: Please post only one topic per thread. Each bullet item in the OP is a separate topic and should be posted in separate threads to permit adequate discussion of each topic without one topic dominating the discussion, or the discussion becoming confused. Since there is only one new topic presented then there is no need to split this thread to cover each topic.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Lesson Schedules”