Member name automatically & incorrectly changed

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
coletheelder

Member name automatically & incorrectly changed

Post by coletheelder »

The family name for C. L. Infiesto, is automatically and incorrectly changed to "Infresto" in lds.org/Directory and Maps. However, there is no indication as to the source of the incorrect name when researching the Clerk Resources online or when directly researching the MLS record; the "Infresto" name is not found, except in lds.org/Directory or Maps.
Last edited by russellhltn on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit full legal name and remove membership number from post.
Biggles

Re: Member name automatically & incorrectly changed

Post by Biggles »

I would suggest removing the Membership number ASAP. As this is confidential information!
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

What he said. You shouldn't post the membership information here. Also, please note that the people who use this forum are fellow users only. We have no special access to correct the problem you point out. We can tell you how to proceed based on our own knowledge and experience. You should probably just send a message through MLS and/or call the support phone number on a weekday during their operating hours.
coletheelder

Post by coletheelder »

Thank you!
coletheelder

Post by coletheelder »

How do I remove the member #?
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

May I suggest that maybe it just looks like its spelled with a "r" in the directory/maps due to the font type/size.

You may also want to check the preferred name in MLS could be that it is spelled wrong there and not on the record.

As for removing the MS# from your post if you no longer have the edit button at the top of your post a moderator will have to fix it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

coletheelder wrote:How do I remove the member #?
It has been removed. I also took the liberty to shortening the name as it wasn't important to the reported issue and the forum is visible to the general public (and search engines such as Google).

There are three places you need to check in MLS. The first is the Legal and Preferred name fields for the Head of House. The third is the "household name" found only in the "household" record, not in any individual record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
coletheelder

Post by coletheelder »

The "Household Name" was indeed misspelled. Thank you for the help.
jorgerojasjones

Post by jorgerojasjones »

My last name according to my ID card is "Rojas Jones" but in the profile appears only as "Rojas", I would like to change it to my legal last name, what should I do?.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jorgerojasjones wrote:My last name according to my ID card is "Rojas Jones" but in the profile appears only as "Rojas", I would like to change it to my legal last name, what should I do?.
If you're talking about what appears in the ward directory, you need to talk to your ward membership clerk.

If by "profile" you mean something else, we'll need to understand what that is.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”