Record for baby blessed in ward other than home ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
cnilsson

Record for baby blessed in ward other than home ward

Post by cnilsson »

I recently created a blessing certificate for a baby who does not live in my ward but was blessed in my ward. I did enter the appropriate ward and stake for where the child and his parents reside but now there is an individual record for that child in our records. Will this information get sent to the parent's home ward? I can't move the record out because the baby doesn't appear in that operation. Any ideas? Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Record for baby blessed in ward other than home ward

Post by russellhltn »

In what screens are you seeing the baby listed? I'm puzzled because you say it's there but it's not there.

Have you done a send/receive? I'm wondering if there's a transitory artifact until your computer gets acknowledgement from CHQ that everything has been taken care of.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

We recently found and fixed a bug in MLS where recording a blessing for a child of record who is not in the current unit does not properly transmit the information and remove the child from the local unit's records. It has been fixed and the fix should be released in 3.7.0, which will be released "in the future."

If I remember things correctly, you are seeing the child sitting in MLS as an out of unit member.

For the time being:
1) Send a copy of the information you have in MLS on the child to the clerk of the unit where the child resides. The clerk may have already created the record, but the record was not sent to the unit automatically.
2) Remove the out-of-unit member from your MLS database by using the option to remove an out-of-unit member.

I think (without digging back into my notes) that the record will be transmitted once you update to MLS 3.7.0, but that will be "in the future." It's probably best to just take care of this now.
cnilsson

Post by cnilsson »

russellhltn wrote:In what screens are you seeing the baby listed? I'm puzzled because you say it's there but it's not there.

Have you done a send/receive? I'm wondering if there's a transitory artifact until your computer gets acknowledgement from CHQ that everything has been taken care of.
That could be. I'll check it again later to see if it is still there. The record is displayed when doing a lookup on individual members. But when I select the option to move a record out, it is not there. Regardless, I think the post below answers my question. Thanks!
cnilsson

Post by cnilsson »

scgallafent wrote:We recently found and fixed a bug in MLS where recording a blessing for a child of record who is not in the current unit does not properly transmit the information and remove the child from the local unit's records. It has been fixed and the fix should be released in 3.7.0, which will be released "in the future."

If I remember things correctly, you are seeing the child sitting in MLS as an out of unit member.

For the time being:
1) Send a copy of the information you have in MLS on the child to the clerk of the unit where the child resides. The clerk may have already created the record, but the record was not sent to the unit automatically.
2) Remove the out-of-unit member from your MLS database by using the option to remove an out-of-unit member.

I think (without digging back into my notes) that the record will be transmitted once you update to MLS 3.7.0, but that will be "in the future." It's probably best to just take care of this now.
Ah, ok. That makes sense. I'll follow-up with the other clerk and go from there. Thanks!

Return to “Membership Help”