calendar views for members not in ward or stake

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
david.saunders

calendar views for members not in ward or stake

Post by david.saunders »

I am a stake clerk and we are trying to get everyone to use the calendars here instead of building their own somewhere.

We have high council members that would like to see the ward calendar of the ward they are assigned to, not just their home ward.

Also, we would like the full time missionaries assigned to our stake to be able to edit and view our missionary activity calendar.

How is the best way to set them up, hopefully this is possible.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: calendar views for members not in ward or stake

Post by russellhltn »

david.saunders wrote:we are trying to get everyone to use the calendars here instead of building their own somewhere.
They have to coordinate the use of the building somehow. If the stake only recognizes events booked in the calendar, that would be a big push to get them to use it.

david.saunders wrote:We have high council members that would like to see the ward calendar of the ward they are assigned to, not just their home ward.
Short of assigning them an out-of-unit leader position, that's not possible at this time. (We have no idea if/when it will change.)

david.saunders wrote:Also, we would like the full time missionaries assigned to our stake to be able to edit and view our missionary activity calendar.
They can see it, but unless a calling has been added, I don't think there is any way of granting edit rights. I'd suggest they coordinate though the ward mission leader.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
david.saunders

Post by david.saunders »

thanks, how do you set up an out-of-unit leader position? I assume it is a MSL function
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

david.saunders wrote:thanks, how do you set up an out-of-unit leader position? I assume it is a MSL function
Step 1: Have the member get an IOS from his/her home ward.
Step 2: Create an Out of unit record in MLS using the IOS.
Step 3: Place the member in their calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”