WISYWIG controls are gone

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
gearylewis

WISYWIG controls are gone

Post by gearylewis »

All the control buttons are missing. I can no longer insert pictures, attach files, and control text.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: WISYWIG controls are gone

Post by aebrown »

It appears that some of the Javascript for the Newsletter tool is not working properly. None of the Newsletter pages ever finish loading completely, and since the scripts that load the editing bar for the editor don't run, the text remains in HTML form and the bar doesn't appear.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Yes, it's definitely broken. Hopefully this gets fixed on Monday morning when people get back to work. I can post some very simple text, but that's it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Looks like it's fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:Looks like it's fixed.
I don't think I agree. I'd call it "less broken". I'm still having a very difficult time trying to create and edit newsletter articles, but it is better than it was yesterday.

Tonight I'm trying to get articles and several times it's going to a page that says:
Not Available
This page is unavailable.
That's all it says...no church graphics or anything...just a plain page. This has occurred while editing an article. Fortunately, I was able to successfully create a new article tonight. I'd really like to edit a previous one, but that's had several problems.
mevans

Post by mevans »

mevans wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Looks like it's fixed.
I don't think I agree. I'd call it "less broken"...
I think maybe lds.org as a whole was having some problems last night. After I posted that message, I observed that other things on lds.org weren't working so well, either. Today I'm able to successfully edit the newsletter article, so I think it really is fixed now.

Return to “Newsletter”