Error message: "failed to sync annotations"

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
Edwclark

Error message: "failed to sync annotations"

Post by Edwclark »

After the recent GL 3.3.3 update, my annotations have stopped syncing with lds.org. I get an error message "failed to sync annotations". Everything was syncing fine until the recent update. Is anyone else having this problem? Can we get an assurance that this will be corrected with the next update? Should I stop annotating until this is fixed? Will I ultimately lose everything I annotate from this point forward?

Finally, why does GL 3.0 not save annotations on the iPad itself and allow the user to restore those annotations if the app is reloaded rather than requiring a sync with lds.org? I like syncing with lds.org but if it stops working, I would like the assurance that, if necessary, my GL 3.0 app can get reloaded and restored as it was before deleting the app. I have had to delete the app several times due to crashes. GL 2.5 allowed the user to back up the data to the iPad and data was therefore easily restored when the app was deleted and then reloaded.m
Edwclark

Re: Error message: "failed to sync annotations"

Post by Edwclark »

I finally fixed the issue with an upgrade to the iPad Air.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”