Calendar painfully slow

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
smconvey

Calendar painfully slow

Post by smconvey »

Although the calendar is especially slow today, I find it painfully slow in general. Something needs to be done because I find myself not wanting to use it because it just wastes my time waiting for it - frustrating!!
drepouille

Re: Calendar painfully slow

Post by drepouille »

I have noticed that it is slower than usual this week. I tried to do some one-on-one training on Saturday night, but found the calendar to be nearly unusable. We had our Stake Council calendaring meeting last night, and the calendar was embarrassingly slow. I felt bad telling everyone that it was the tool we all must use.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

There has been Some slowness lately on all church sites. I am not sure the problem I dont think is specific to our team but I we are aware there have been issues.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:I have noticed that it is slower than usual this week.
There are times when the Calendar is slower than others. However, one of the reasons the Calendar is slow is because it is what I call a processing intensive site. When I use my trusty, faithful 7-year-old WinXP desktop with the the slower processor and not a lot of memory, the Calendar crawls and often stumbles.

But the Calendar site zips along and loads in mere seconds when I use my new flashy laptop with super processing powers and gobs of memory (untechnically speaking).

The same is true for many of the other Church sites, including the main LDS.org site which performs much better with a newer, faster, larger memory computer. I used to have philosophical discussions about this with the help desk while we were waiting for the administrative computer to boot.

I understand the wonder and excitement in having the latest and greatest in computing equipment. I have not yet come to grips with the concept that it appears difficult for some to understand that many members have older, functional equipment that works just fine, although a little slower, and are constantly getting left in the dust as all the new "improvements" come along to these wonderful Church websites.

But yes, sometimes the web site is just plain slow, relatively speaking, as well.
yanick.rochon

Post by yanick.rochon »

I have made a suggestion some times back that would greatly increase the Calenar tool speed and efficiency, but it seem it was lost in the forum.... And I even included some quality mockups!

So I'm cross-posting here as it seems to address the problem, or part of it at least.

So... bump! :)

Return to “Calendar”