The name of the calendar is required to be unique

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
CSnelson

The name of the calendar is required to be unique

Post by CSnelson »

I'm having problems editing Calendar's. I get an error message stating the following:
"Sorry, you must correct the highlighted areas before you can save.The name of the calendar is required to be unique"

I am not trying to create a new calendar just simply edit an existing one. Please let me know how I should proceed.
bcchristensen

Re: The name of the calendar is required to be unique

Post by bcchristensen »

I'm having the same problem. I'm simply trying to add a new permission to an existing private calendar, and when I click on Save, I get the same error.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Regardless of whether you are creating a new calendar or renaming an existing one, the new name cannot match the name of any existing calendar. The thing that trips up many people in this area is that calendars that are deleted are not immediately completely removed. And your new name can't match the name of any of the deleted calendars, either.

You can look at the list of deleted calendars to see if that is the cause of the conflict, and if you are certain that you won't want to restore the conflicting deleted calendar, you can permanently delete it from the deleted calendar list. Then you should be able to reuse that name as you rename an existing calendar or create a new one.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

When you delete a calendar its put in the trash bin for 14 days then its cleared. You can clear it at any time if your a clerk. By going to calendar screen.

You most likely cant name your calendar that because it hasnt been 14 days or the clerk hasnt cleared the trash.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The advice given answers post #1, but I don't see it as applying to #2 where it appears they are just trying to change permissions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bcchristensen

Post by bcchristensen »

That's correct - I'm not creating, deleting or renaming a calendar. I'm simply attempting to add a new permission to an existing calendar. It's a private calendar.

Here are the steps to duplicate:
1. In the list of calendars, I'm selecting the one I want to update. It's titled "Stake PEC (private)". NOTE: I know grammatically the period should be inside the quote, but I want to make it clear that the period is NOT part of the name.
2. I click on "Add new permission."
3. In the search box I enter and select the name of the calling "Stake Assistant Executive Secretary" and make sure the corresponding drop-down has "By calling" selected.
4. I set the Permissions to "View and Edit," then click the "Add" button.
5. I verify that the new permission is included in the list, then click on "Save." At this point I get the error, "Sorry, you must correct the highlighted areas before you can save. The name of the calendar is required to be unique." The "Name" field is highlighted in red, but the name is exactly like it was before — "Stake PEC (private)".
6. I've tried saving it to other names, like "Stake PEC" and "Stake PEC - testing", but I get the same results. I also checked the "Deleted Calendars" list to see if there was anything there that could be causing a conflict, but the list is empty.

I'm sure the work-around is to create a new calendar and delete the one causing me grief, which I'll likely end up doing, but I'd sure like to understand why it's behaving the way it is with the current calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Private calendars have been problematic. You might try making it public and making the change and taking it back to private. Another thing worth trying is if you're trying to add edit privileges, try adding view first.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
carterbair

Post by carterbair »

I m having the same problem and even when I try to save the private calendar as another name it will not allow it. The old calendar was available to only the bishop's so the Stake Presidency could schedule interviews, but Bishop's change and I would like to change permissions without deleting the entire calendar. Has anyone found a way to make this work?
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

carterbair it looks like you actually only have View Only permissions on that Stake Presidency. Calendar.

So the problem is it lets you try to change the Calendar at all I believe. The error message simply wrong and misleading you.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

carterbair wrote:I m having the same problem and even when I try to save the private calendar as another name it will not allow it. The old calendar was available to only the bishop's so the Stake Presidency could schedule interviews, but Bishop's change and I would like to change permissions without deleting the entire calendar. Has anyone found a way to make this work?
I'm not sure I follow you exactly, but if when you create the private calendar for something like you describe, if you will set the permissions by calling instead of name, that may help so that when the Bishop changes, it happens automatically. I may be misunderstanding also, so "good luck".

Return to “Calendar”