Custom Report in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Mikey54

Custom Report in MLS

Post by Mikey54 »

Does anyone know how to set up a custom report for people who have had their Patriarchal Blessing?
Gary_Miller

Re: Custom Report in MLS

Post by Gary_Miller »

There is no data in MLS pertaining to patriarchal Blessings in which to pull a report.
jedci

Post by jedci »

To resurrect an somewhat stale thread -- this question came up in one of our meetings this morning.

(1) Has anything changed since August?

(2) If not, does anyone know if there are plans to include an annotation on member records to indicate this? Seems like it would be really to helpful for leaders to know if they should be working with youth or adults who have not received their Patriarchal Blessing yet.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

(1) No
(2) We don't know.

I'd suggest getting the information via interviews. Perhaps via the home teachers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

I haven't currently MLS access and the last version I used was two point something (if I remember well).
So I don't know if is still possible to insert personal annotations like: skills, interests, eccetera.
If so, maybe you can use it for patriarcal blessing and then print a report for those who have not this "personal skill".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You could use MLS to track the information received. But you'd still have to gather it by asking. (And my memory is that the MLS reports for custom fields leaves a lot to be desired.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Sorry! I assumed that question was how "print report" instead of how "get informations".
Then this rise a question to me: "Is a Patriarcal Blessing raccomend and/or certificate just a matter of form print?".
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

marianomarini wrote:Sorry! I assumed that question was how "print report" instead of how "get informations".
Then this rise a question to me: "Is a Patriarcal Blessing raccomend and/or certificate just a matter of form print?".
You're raising additional questions. Printing a Patriarchal Blessing Recommend is simply a matter of knowing information about the member (name, MRN, birthdate, etc.), which is already available in MLS. That is why the recommend can be printed now.

As for a "certificate", I have no idea what you mean by that. The actual transcribed blessing is printed by the patriarch (or most likely his secretary) and delivered to the recipient and to the Church History Department for archival. The ward/stake is not in that information loop at all.

Finally, as has been noted, there is simply no information available in ward or stake MLS about whether someone has received a patriarchal blessing, so no form or custom report could possibly be generated at this time to report on that information.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jedci wrote:(2) If not, does anyone know if there are plans to include an annotation on member records to indicate this? Seems like it would be really to helpful for leaders to know if they should be working with youth or adults who have not received their Patriarchal Blessing yet.
There are no plans to include this in MLS. If you feel it is important, you can send it as a suggestion for Clerk Resources (use the feedback banner at the bottom right of the Clerk Resources pages) or have your priesthood leader send it as a suggestion. Feature prioritization isn't my call, but I don't think it would end up as a high priority.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

scgallafent wrote:If you feel it is important, you can send it as a suggestion for Clerk Resources (use the feedback banner at the bottom right of the Clerk Resources pages) ...
When I login to Clerk Resources the version at the bottom is 2.2.7. There is no “feedback banner” anywhere on the page. There is a “Contact Us” link on the lower left that links you to RKATS “Support and Help”, which in turn just provides a link to the RKATS Support Contact Information for U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”