Who actually enters HT Data

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
BarryHill

Who actually enters HT Data

Post by BarryHill »

I am looking for specific direction on who is supposed to actually key the HT data into MLS: clerk, quorum secretary, Quorum presidency ?

I cannot not find this specified anywhere in Handbook 2. If it is specified rather than an optional issue I would like to know where to find it.

Thank

Barry
eblood66

Re: Who actually enters HT Data

Post by eblood66 »

barryhill wrote:I am looking for specific direction on who is supposed to actually key the HT data into MLS: clerk, quorum secretary, Quorum presidency ?

I cannot not find this specified anywhere in Handbook 2. If it is specified rather than an optional issue I would like to know where to find it.

Thank

Barry
I've never seen anything official and I don't think there is anything. I've seen it done in our ward by the secretary (which I did when I was EQ secretary) and by the president. I've heard of others who have a clerk do it. I think it's whatever works best for the situation and people involved.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I agree with "it depends on the ward". There's pros and cons to each method and the skills of the people who hold the calling.

If the clerk does it, then it's easier to get "schedule" time at the computer. I found when I was a clerk it was more productive for me to do it then to set aside a time, wait for them to show up, and twiddle my thumbs while they did it. (There's just about nothing I can do as a clerk without the computer.)

Having them do it usually involves getting them a key to the office so they can visit some day other than Sunday.

And of course having the secretary do it frees up time for the leaders to lead and not administer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BarryHill

Post by BarryHill »

Thanks,

My experience has been the same as both replies. Since I am presenting something in PH leadership training I just wanted to make sure there was not something I had missed.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”