Creating New Journals

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
nickolsen

Creating New Journals

Post by nickolsen »

Is there any way to create a new journal in the app? I can see the journals I created online in the app but I can't seem to figure out how to add new ones. Also is there a way to tie a highlight or a note to a journal through the app?
lmcguire

Re: Creating New Journals

Post by lmcguire »

nickolsen,

Did you get an answer to your question (off the forum)? (I check in now and then and saw you had no reply here, so I thought I'd check.) If not:

Do you mean new *Notebook*, by chance? Cuz I looked on the web interface and cannot see a way to make journals, only journal entries. Journal entries can be placed in any notebook(s). You can also create new notebooks in the Android app. And journal entries can be tagged. I just did a test and I can't find a way to link to or from journal entries (not on the web, not on Android). So, it looks like you can do some of what you want, but not all.

To make a new journal entry: Study Notebook > Journal Entries, then click on an icon in the upper right that looks like a page with a + symbol on it.

To make a new notebook: tap and hold on an entry in the Study Notebook (journal entry or other). This will select it (checkboxes appear on the left and the one you tapped and held on is selected). In the option bar at the top right is a folder icon with a + on it. Clicking that pops up a list of existing notebooks and one option in that list is to make a new one.

Hope that helps.

Liz
nickolsen

Re: Creating New Journals

Post by nickolsen »

Perfect! Thanks. I couldn't figure that one out for some reason but that works great.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”