Not Available: This Page Is Unavailable

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
cjgrayson

Not Available: This Page Is Unavailable

Post by cjgrayson »

This morning, I could make editing changes to an article in the online Ward Newsletter. However, this afternoon, when I click Save to save the changes, I receive a "Not Available: This page is unavailable." message.

Any ideas?

Chris Grayson
Orem 6th Ward
Ward Newsletter Editor
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Not Available: This Page Is Unavailable

Post by aebrown »

I am able to save edits to Newsletter articles with no problem (I just tried it again).

Sometimes the session ends during the time you were editing the article (either because it timed out, or because you got signed out for some other reason, such as visiting an LDS.org page using HTTP instead of HTTPS). But then the effect is that you unexpectedly are taken to the Sign-In page when you try to save, not that you are told "This Page is Unavailable." So I don't really know what might have caused your problem.

Is it a one-time occurrence, or is the problem still happening for you?
cjgrayson

Post by cjgrayson »

Tested it out this morning again, and it's still happening. Tested it on more than one article, and with Firefox, IE, and Google Chrome web browsers. Will continue to see if I can "ferret out" the cause.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I had the same thing yesterday, but attributed it to something I had done wrong, so I made a fresh start just a few minutes ago, and the same "Page Not Available" is all I can get. Maybe this too shall pass with a little time.....
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

zaneclark wrote:I had the same thing yesterday, but attributed it to something I had done wrong, so I made a fresh start just a few minutes ago, and the same "Page Not Available" is all I can get. Maybe this too shall pass with a little time.....
I just tried this a couple of minutes ago and had no problem. I created a new article at a ward level, then edited and saved it. All went smoothly. I was using the latest FF browser and Win7. I finally deleted the article w/o issue. Hmmmmm.
cjgrayson

Post by cjgrayson »

Just now tried to create an article and was successful. However, as soon as I tried to edit the article (or a couple others) received the Not Available error message. Will continue plugging at it. But I've tried it now at work and at home on two different computers, with the latest Chrome and FF browsers on Windows 7, and still having issues with editing.

Seems like it might be a back end system problem, instead of a browser/user interface issue.

Chris
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

By any chance could have something to do with what you are saving? Any odd punctuation, html code, etc?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Ask someone else in the ward with Editor priviledges, such as a member of the Bishopric or Ward Clerk, to see if they have any problems. Since you're seeing the problem at various locations and by using different systems/browsers it does sound like it's a corruption in your newsletter.
cjgrayson

Post by cjgrayson »

Tested it out this morning, and was able to edit an article! Looks like I'm back on track. Could have been some kind of corruption in the newsletter. Didn't use any unusual punctuation, etc. Not sure what's different, but it could be the cold front coming into the Wasatch that made all the difference! Thanks.
cjgrayson

Post by cjgrayson »

Oops! As usual, spoke too soon. Was able to edit one article. After that, it was back to the old "Not Available" message. Will continue experimenting.

Return to “Newsletter”