Anyway to improve Send a Message to include HTML?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bbuyack

Anyway to improve Send a Message to include HTML?

Post by bbuyack »

As I mentioned in another post, we use the Send a Message feature in our unit. One challenge is it appears to be text based, and most formatting from programs like MS Word, Evernote etc is lost when you paste it in. For example, I take minutes in Evernote, using bullet format, indenting in and out of subjects. When this is pasted into the Send a Message feature all that formatting is lost and I have to spend several minutes adjusting the formatting of the message each time I send it. I'm about to abandon the Send a Message feature and go back to maintaining my distribution lists in Outlook.

Any plans to improve this feature before I abandon it?
johnshaw

Re: Anyway to improve Send a Message to include HTML?

Post by johnshaw »

I would think long and hard about it - The church Send A Message comes nicely with the opt-in/out language and links.

I'm sure sometime when the hastening is over, they'll get back to these bothersome .1 release code apps that are hanging around.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
bbuyack

Post by bbuyack »

Yes, but as the clerk when I send a message to a leadership group like PEC or Ward Council I get a message back that a member has declined participation. I then look that member up and contact them notifying them that they have declined participation and won't be able to get copies of our meeting minutes. Everyone I've ever talked to at this point (note that these are leaders), wasn't aware that they had declined or didn't realize the implications. As the clerk you can then go in and turn them back on to receive the messages again. I've yet to find any leaders that insist on remaining declined once you check with them.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JohnShaw wrote:I would think long and hard about it - The church Send A Message comes nicely with the opt-in/out language and links.
Not to mention keeping up with move-ins and move-outs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bbuyack

Post by bbuyack »

For general membership yes, maintaining distribution lists is a pain. Generally the PEC and Ward Council leadership is not changing too often. So maintaining my own distribution lists wouldn't be that big of a deal. However, again my preference is to use this church provided feature. I'm just asking if they can improve it.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”