members organizations

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
1historian-p40

members organizations

Post by 1historian-p40 »

When we reset a members orqanizations it adds them to all 4 possable sunday school classes. (Gospel docterine, gospel principles, family histry, and temple prep. first noticed this with a recently baptized member. anyone ewlse with this 2.8.1 issue
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

1historian wrote:When we reset a member's organizations it adds them to all 4 possible sunday school classes (Gospel Doctrine, gospel principles, family history, and temple prep). First noticed this with a recently baptized member. Anyone else with this 2.8.1 issue?

This is not a new issue -- it has been around at least since MLS 2.7. It is related to having several Sunday School classes that have no membership rules. The fix that seems to help is setting the membership rules for the speciality classes to have a minimum age of 200 (so no one is automatically added to those classes). Then manually move people into the specialty classes.

See thread: Multiple Organization Assignments.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

1historian wrote:When we reset a members orqanizations it adds them to all 4 possable sunday school classes. (Gospel docterine, gospel principles, family histry, and temple prep. first noticed this with a recently baptized member. anyone ewlse with this 2.8.1 issue
When I click the Reset Classes link on the Sunday School organization screen, it deletes all classes except for Gospel Doctrine, Course 17, Course 16, Course 15, Course 14, Course 13, and Course 12. A similar thing happens when I click the Reset Classes link on the Primary organization screen; only the default classes are retained.

How are you reseting the classes?

Edit:
Nevermind. I figured out that you must be clicking the Reset Organizations for Member link on the Individual Record screen.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

jbh001 wrote:When I click the Reset Classes link on the Sunday School screen, it deletes all classes except for Gospel Doctrine, Course 17, Course 16, Course 15, Course 14, Course 13, and Course 12. A similar thing happens when I click the Reset Classes link on the Primary screen; only the default classes are retained.

How are you reseting the classes?

Edit:
Nevermind. I figured out that you must be clicking the Reset Organizations for Member link on the Individual record screen.
No, he appears to be saying reseting the organizations that an individual member belongs to...I think...
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

mkmurray wrote:No, he appears to be saying reseting the organizations that an individual member belongs to...I think...
That is exactly what clicking the Reset Organizations for Member link on the Individual Record screen does.
1historian-p40

Reseting an individuals organizations

Post by 1historian-p40 »

OK so to fix this for an individuals organizations i need to set the age to 200+ And then add or remove them individually. Right?
rrketcheson

How to delete a class set up with bad parameters

Post by rrketcheson »

I was experiencing a similar issue with a custom primary class.

A prior clerk or member of the primary presidency had created a class called "other." Because of the parameters they used on new class setup, whenever a new membership record was received, that member was placed into this "other" class.

MLS will not allow for the deletion of a class with members without transfering its members to another class. The easiest way I found to fix this issue is to:
  1. Delete each member of the class individually
  2. Then delete the class.
If you want to retain the custom class but fix the parameters:
  1. Set up a new class with the correct parameters (see https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Classes for tips)
  2. Delete the old class and transfer its members to the new class.
I spent a few weeks digging around before finding these fixes and hope this helps someone else.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”