Report on number of full-tithe payers of active Melchizedek

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rferolino

Report on number of full-tithe payers of active Melchizedek

Post by rferolino »

Hi, all

I am a stake clerk amd in the process of filling up the "Ward and Branch Organization Application" to readjust our ward boundaries. There is a line item on this form asking for the total number of active Melchizedek Priesthood holders that are full-tithe payers. Is there a quick way to get this report other that going to last year's tithing settlement reports and manually counting this total number?

Thanks,
Rolly
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Report on number of full-tithe payers of active Melchize

Post by jonesrk »

Not that I found.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

rferolino wrote:Is there a quick way to get this report other that going to last year's tithing settlement reports and manually counting this total number?
That's actually quick and easy - the report should be readily available in the stake clerk's office. I suppose you could call confidential records, not sure they'd give the data out and they'd probably ask where your copy of the data was.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
rferolino

Post by rferolino »

I am actually the stake clerk :-). I have the stack of reports (hardcopy) from eleven of our units in the stake. I am looking for the quickest way to get the numbers other than manually leafing through the pages and count them. Is there something in MLS that I can use?

Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rferolino wrote:I am actually the stake clerk :-). I have the stack of reports (hardcopy) from eleven of our units in the stake. I am looking for the quickest way to get the numbers other than manually leafing through the pages and count them. Is there something in MLS that I can use?
No. MLS has no way to query against the tithing declaration reports. And you can't export financial data for analysis in some other tool.

So the quickest way to get the numbers (the only way that I know of) is to manually leaf through the pages and count them. It would probably take a couple of minutes per ward. Sure, it's tedious, but it's not exceedingly difficult or time consuming.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rferolino wrote:Is there something in MLS that I can use?
I can confirm that there is nothing in MLS. Use the printed tithing reports.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”