Including older events in ical file

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
hughesmc

Including older events in ical file

Post by hughesmc »

I'm currently trying to setup the stake calendar for 2014, and was hoping to download an ical file of all of the 2013 calendar. I was planning on changing the dates of events in the ical file, then uploading the edited file for 2014. It seems though that the link the calendar provides for sinking only gives future and recently past events (the previous month), but nothing earlier than that. Is there a way to download events from much earlier events? They are still visible on the calendar.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Including older events in ical file

Post by aebrown »

No, unfortunately you have no control over what range of dates is included in the sync process.

All you can do now is realize that and when you have finished 2014, capture the iCal file so that you will have it for your 2015 planning.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Including older events in ical file

Post by russellhltn »

Note that when you upload a file, it won't include the ability to "book" the building. As such, you'd have to go back to almost every event and change the location. I doubt if it's really the time saver you are hoping for.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”