Lookup during tagging pictures

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
jonrobinson75

Lookup during tagging pictures

Post by jonrobinson75 »

If i'm missing this feature then I'm sorry. But it currently looks like it is only looking up names of people I have already tagged. I would like to see a feature where it searches my whole database of names during the tagging. Very similar to how facebook does it with friends.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Lookup during tagging pictures

Post by aebrown »

What do you mean by "my whole database of names"? The Photos and Stories feature currently looks up all people you have in any photos and stories. But it sounds like you are hoping for everyone in your tree. But if your tree includes all your direct ancestors, and all of their children and spouses (and perhaps their children?), then that is not only a huge list, but it would also take a long time to generate that list. I really doubt that you'd be happy with the huge drop in performance.
jonrobinson75

Re: Lookup during tagging pictures

Post by jonrobinson75 »

Its just right now, you have to upload a picture, Tag it with a name (hopefully spelled correctly) then choose to link it, do a search for the person, then link it together. It would be nice to cut out a step. When you tag it, choose to do a search right there.

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”