Married member showing up in YSA rolls

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rodr452

Married member showing up in YSA rolls

Post by rodr452 »

I have a member who is married and continues to show up on the YSA rolls. Does anyone know how this happens and how to fix it? I am wondering if it is not just a glitch. Online through clerk resources when I run the YSA list of members, she does not show up. When I run the rolls list through MLS she shows up as a YSA.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Married member showing up in YSA rolls

Post by russellhltn »

Sounds like MLS doesn't know she's married. Have you checked her record on MLS? Was the marriage recorded on-line? If so, you may have to do a Unit Refresh to get the change synced to MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rodr452

Post by rodr452 »

yes I checked everything in MLS since it wasn't showing up online. Her marriage was added in MLS about 8 months ago. I triple checked everything and it all looked like it was added correctly.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rodr452 wrote:When I run the rolls list through MLS she shows up as a YSA.
What report are you running? Is it built-in or a custom report? If it's custom, then perhaps the criteria is not correct.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rodr452

Post by rodr452 »

It is the built-in report for the rolls under the reports drop down box.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rodr452 wrote:It is the built-in report for the rolls under the reports drop down box.
Rolls? I don't have MLS in front of me, but are you talking about Sunday School class? That would have been a manual assignment. You need to move her back to the right class. That part is not automatic. In fact YSA "class" isn't even a standard part of MLS, but a custom class someone created.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Try this report: From the top toolbar: Organizations > Single members. That's where you'll find the built-in report for YSA.

Or from the picture menu: Organizations More > Adults >Single Members.

rodr452

Post by rodr452 »

It appears to be some sort of glitch in the system. There is a custom list for the YSA group and I am able to add specific requirements to eliminate a couple people who show up on the list that are not supposed to be there. However those individuals still then show up into the built-in report for YSA. It doesn't make sense to me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rodr452 wrote:There is a custom list for the YSA group and I am able to add specific requirements to eliminate a couple people who show up on the list that are not supposed to be there.
What requirements are you adding?

rodr452 wrote:However those individuals still then show up into the built-in report for YSA. It doesn't make sense to me.
When you say the "built-in" report, are you talking about the one I gave the path to above, or something else? If something else, please give the path to it.

rodr452

Post by rodr452 »

The custom report list already had age being greater than 17 and less than 31 and it also listed those that are not married. Simple enough. I added "marriage date" and then set it to no value. This seemed to eliminate of the members who was married since there was a marriage date.

However this just eliminated the person from the report, they still appeared in the rolls. The built-in report I am talking about is the one I believe you directed me too. I can't modify it or do anything with it. It appears to be populated by information in the system.

Return to “Membership Help”