Record past home teaching visits

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
tomdavidson

Record past home teaching visits

Post by tomdavidson »

Hello, I have home teaching visit data from July, but MLS appears to only allow entry back to August. Is there a way to up date the records back four months?

regards, tom
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Record past home teaching visits

Post by jdlessley »

No. MLS only allows the current month plus the two previous to be edited.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tomdavidson

Post by tomdavidson »

Thanks for the quick reply. I am concerned in regards to D&C 128:8, "...whatsoever you record on earth shall be recorded in heaven, and whatsoever you do not record on earth shall not be recorded in heaven; for out of the books shall your dead be judged, according to their own works..."

There really is no way for the July home teaching to be recorded?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

jdlessley wrote:No. MLS only allows the current month plus the two previous to be edited.
Not true. From memory, I think you need to go the statistics page and then click the blue vertical % signs for the relevant home or companionship. This will allow you to enter any missed entries. I must admit I stumbled on it by accident, when looking for something else!

Sorry if I'm a bit vague on the exact location, as I'm not in front of an MLS installed computer at the moment. I always have to hunt around to find the correct page, as fortunately the need doesn't arise too often.

I'm at our Meeting House tomorrow and will check then, but I'm sure someone in the forum will find it before then!
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Biggles wrote:
jdlessley wrote:No. MLS only allows the current month plus the two previous to be edited.
Not true. From memory, I think you need to go the statistics page and then click the blue vertical % signs for the relevant home or companionship. This will allow you to enter any missed entries. I must admit I stumbled on it by accident, when looking for something else!

Sorry if I'm a bit vague on the exact location, as I'm not in front of an MLS installed computer at the moment. I always have to hunt around to find the correct page, as fortunately the need doesn't arise too often.

I'm at our Meeting House tomorrow and will check then, but I'm sure someone in the forum will find it before then!
I've got the test install but I don't have companionships setup older than 3 months so I can't verify this but I think you just go to the Enter HT or VT screen. Normally there are 3 checkboxes for each family for the last 3 months. There is also a percent value (in blue) to the left of those checkboxes. If you click on that percent value I believe it will give you a set of checkboxes for the last 12 months and you can update the older months there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I seem to remember that MLS will not allow HT/VT visit on the month that the family moved in.

Also note that as families move out, your historical stats will change as their history of being visited disappears from HT/VT.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

eblood66 wrote: I've got the test install but I don't have companionships setup older than 3 months so I can't verify this but I think you just go to the Enter HT or VT screen. Normally there are 3 checkboxes for each family for the last 3 months. There is also a percent value (in blue) to the left of those checkboxes. If you click on that percent value I believe it will give you a set of checkboxes for the last 12 months and you can update the older months there.
That's it, just couldn't remember the exact screen to do it from!
tomdavidson

Post by tomdavidson »

Yes, I am able to do it via the stats view just as described. Thank you.

About about recording past home teaching in which assignments and championships have changed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tomdavidson wrote:About about recording past home teaching in which assignments and championships have changed?
We're not "grading" the companionship's success rate, we're simply recording who has been visited and who hasn't in a effort to spot trends and see where more effort needs to be made. We're focusing on who needs help, not the helpers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tomdavidson

Post by tomdavidson »

Right, so it would be appropriate to record a particular household as having been visited even if the particular visit was from the previously assigned home teachers? Its has the household been visited that matters rather than who did their home teaching?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”