Anyway to look up leaders in other wards?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
jensky

Anyway to look up leaders in other wards?

Post by jensky »

Hi all,

I'm a newly called ward clerk and had a quick question...Does anyone know if there is a way to look up to see who the RS President is in another ward of another stake? I was on CDOL but couldn't find a way. Any help would be appreciated? Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Anyway to look up leaders in other wards?

Post by aebrown »

CDOL won't let you see that deep into the organization of wards outside your stake. Hopefully your need to look up such leaders outside your stake is quite rare. But if you need that kind of information, I'd probably just call that ward's executive secretary -- someone who would know, but without bothering the bishop -- and ask him who the RS president is.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

No you only have rights within your stake. Your best bet within CDOL would be to look up the ward clerk and email/call them to get/share the info you need.
jensky

Post by jensky »

Thanks for the info.
Deuel

Post by Deuel »

Actually, Ward Clerks and Bishops can do it via lds.org (I'm not sure who else has access to it.) After logging in via the "Sign In/Tools" pull-down menu, select "Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders". It appears at the bottom of the list available to all, in a section based on your calling credentials.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

deuel wrote:Actually, Ward Clerks and Bishops can do it via lds.org (I'm not sure who else has access to it.) After logging in via the "Sign In/Tools" pull-down menu, select "Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders". It appears at the bottom of the list available to all, in a section based on your calling credentials.
Can do what? Earlier posts in this topic make it clear that a ward clerk can access CDOL (the original poster clearly knew how to access CDOL). But the original post was asking the question of how a ward clerk can find the RS president for a ward outside that clerk's stake. CDOL won't allow that.
Deuel

Post by Deuel »

My sincere apology! I did not make the connection between the acronym "CDOL" and "Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders". However, I was under the impression that Auxiliary Organizations were listed, but I now see they are not, only the Bishopric.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

deuel wrote:My sincere apology! I did not make the connection between the acronym "CDOL" and "Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders". However, I was under the impression that Auxiliary Organizations were listed, but I now see they are not, only the Bishopric.
The auxiliary organizations are there, but you have to have rights to see them. For ward leaders that have access that means only their ward and stake.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”