Organization reporting with sub-unit grouping

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
tomdavidson

Organization reporting with sub-unit grouping

Post by tomdavidson »

Hi, I would like to have a report of EQ membership that is grouped by district. In the MLS 3.6 custom reports tool, I only have the option of grouping by households. Is there a way to use other grouping options?

An alternative would be to have a column that shows the members' district leaders and I could print the report with that column sorted. It does not appear that the district is an existing field. How do user defined fields work?

Thank you and regards,
Tom
RossEvans

Re: Organization reporting with sub-unit grouping

Post by RossEvans »

tomdavidson wrote:Hi, I would like to have a report of EQ membership that is grouped by district. In the MLS 3.6 custom reports tool, I only have the option of grouping by households. Is there a way to use other grouping options?

An alternative would be to have a column that shows the members' district leaders and I could print the report with that column sorted. It does not appear that the district is an existing field. How do user defined fields work?
Your ward clerk, or others who have Admin permissions in MLS, can export a CSV file for you that is close to what you seek. The MLS user interface to that file is File -> Export, then select the Home Teaching file, which will be named HomeTeaching.csv.

That file contains the entire ward by household, with their assigned home teachers if any. There are other columns to select the rows by assigned quorum, district and companionship. So you can pop that into a spreadsheet and filter or sort by HT district. Each row has two positions for the two home teachers, so you might have to manipulate it a bit (or just cut and paste) to get a report with one row per unique elder.
tomdavidson

Re: Organization reporting with sub-unit grouping

Post by tomdavidson »

This what just the direction I needed. Thank you.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”