Donor list

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
maldwin

Donor list

Post by maldwin »

We had an activity a couple of months ago in which the young men and young women earned a sizable amount of money. They would like to send a "Thank You" card to all those (donors) who took part in the activity. Is there a way to find the names of donors for a specific activity?
Gary_Miller

Re: Donor list

Post by Gary_Miller »

If the individuals wrote out an separate donor slip and the funds went to a the same category in the other account you could look at the category and get a list of all the donors. This would have to be extracted by hand though.
If the funds were put in under one donor name such as YM/YW fundraiser then there would be no way of knowing who donated.
I would think just a thank you in the ward news letter or bulletin would be good enough.
Deuel

Post by Deuel »

Not just the Other account, but also individual Budget categories. Under the Finance pull-down menu, click Budget, then in the upper-right corner select Details (I'm not on MLS at the moment, so my descriptors may not be exact). This produces a Preview button in the lower-left corner. Select the check box next to the category/subcategories you're interested in seeing, deselect the others, then click the Preview button to see a list of all donations made to this/those area(s). If it's what you want, Print the list!
Deuel

Post by Deuel »

...of course, you should not give them the actual print out, as it includes the donated amount(s). So either type/write the list of names, or "cut off" / "black out" the financial information!
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

deuel wrote:Not just the Other account, but also individual Budget categories. Under the Finance pull-down menu, click Budget, then in the upper-right corner select Details (I'm not on MLS at the moment, so my descriptors may not be exact). This produces a Preview button in the lower-left corner. Select the check box next to the category/subcategories you're interested in seeing, deselect the others, then click the Preview button to see a list of all donations made to this/those area(s). If it's what you want, Print the list!
If it was from a fund raiser as it appears to have been in the OP the funds should have only been deposited in the Other:AMFA account, not the Budget Account.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”