The website is temporarily down

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
chris_hazeldine

The website is temporarily down

Post by chris_hazeldine »

Hi all,

just 20 mins ago was working fine but since midnight Mountain the Clerk Resources site is giving back The website is temporarily down message.

Cheers

Chris
sasgrw

Re: The website is temporarily down

Post by sasgrw »

Down for me too. I can get to leader.lds.org but if I try to click on any reports or organizations, it says website down. This has happened on several Sundays (eastern US timezone). Makes bishopric and ward council meetings very difficult.
chris_hazeldine

Wonder what the support model is for this stuff - global service centre is open on a Sunday so gather that means someone out there is able to fix things when they break on the Sabbath.
rplarson

Post by rplarson »

My leader and clerk resources menu options are gone when I click on the "Name"/Tools dropdown in the upper right.
But. . .when I went here:
https://www.lds.org/leader/
I was able to get to all the good stuff. . .apps, membership, reports, handbooks, etc. . .

Weird.
chris_hazeldine

Saw that too - the Leader home page works but none of the links to Membership information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chris_hazeldine wrote:global service centre is open on a Sunday so gather that means someone out there is able to fix things when they break on the Sabbath.
I believe it's open on our Sunday because of employees in Australia who come in on their Monday morning. I'm not sure as they have access to the servers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chris_hazeldine

Oh yeah, and for us in Australia it is Saturday still over there so we have support. Poor old UK that miss out being in the middle :-)

I can now log in without any errors so assume we are good now.
chris_hazeldine

Spoke too soon - Out of Service page is back up now.
chris_hazeldine

russellhltn wrote:
chris_hazeldine wrote:global service centre is open on a Sunday so gather that means someone out there is able to fix things when they break on the Sabbath.
I believe it's open on our Sunday because of employees in Australia who come in on their Monday morning. I'm not sure as they have access to the servers.
Just looking at this comment again - we get no support in Australia on the GSC until Monday night our time so it isn't anyone in Australia. I have called on Sunday morning my time and gotten to the US team, but only until midday in Perth Australia when the GSC closes.

So if you guys call the GSC on a Sunday who do you get?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Australia is a day ahead of the US. (UTC +8, +9.5 or +10, while Utah is -7 or so.)

So, Sunday, 12 Noon mountain time (when GSC opens) is Monday in Australia.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”