Printing list Ward Members with address and Telephone Numbe

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Michaeljefferyjones

Printing list Ward Members with address and Telephone Numbe

Post by Michaeljefferyjones »

I am trying to print a Ward List for the Missionaries with Members name address and telephone numbers.
Unfortunately the only list I can find only has the following info
Name Gender age Birth date Telephone e-mail.
Can anyone help please
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Printing list Ward Members with address and Telephone Nu

Post by jonesrk »

Try the abbreviated directory of members from MLS (under reports/forms). It also allows some customization (see the link near the top)
Michaeljefferyjones

Post by Michaeljefferyjones »

Many thanks Ryan,will try this when I get to church this mornina
Deuel

Post by Deuel »

Two thoughts:
1. On lds.org - use the "Sign In/Tools" pull-down menu to select "Directory", login, then click the "Print" button in the upper-right corner; check desired options in the "Details" section.
2. In MLS, use the "Reports/Forms" pull-down menu to select "Reports/Toos", then "Custom Reports". Of course, this feature will print individual members, so use "Edit" to access "Criteria", and identify [Attribute] "Household Position" = "Head of Household". Then use "Format" to check desired options (i.e. Head of House and Spouse, Address, Telephone, Preferred Name, Email, etc.)
mcf1999

Re: Printing list Ward Members with address and Telephone Numbe

Post by mcf1999 »

As of 21Oct2023, the print option for printing a ward directory from the church website is gone. I did find that right-clicking on the bar above the map gives a print option, but it doesn't give me the ability to customize the printout and gives a basic (what use to be called a telephone directory) printing of the directory.

Does anyone know how I can print a directory with each member's full address? Does anyone know why the print options we had before were removed?

I minister to some folks who don't embrace technology (Members Tools App). I want to keep them connected by providing a paper copy of the directory.

Please advise.
michaeljeffreyjones

Post by michaeljeffreyjones »

Thanks to everyone who answered my problem and helped to resolve this issue
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mcf1999 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:11 am Does anyone know how I can print a directory with each member's full address? Does anyone know why the print options we had before were removed?

I minister to some folks who don't embrace technology (Members Tools App). I want to keep them connected by providing a paper copy of the directory.

Please advise.
You will have to devolve to the process used before members were able to print a directory - contact your ward clerk and tell him what you need. He has always been the one with the responsibility to print directories. The difference now is the printout will have to comply with privacy settings in place for households and individuals.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:55 pm You will have to devolve to the process used before members were able to print a directory - contact your ward clerk and tell him what you need. He has always been the one with the responsibility to print directories. The difference now is the printout will have to comply with privacy settings in place for households and individuals.
That could be an issue. General Handbook 38.8.13:
Printed stake and ward directories are generally not needed. If leaders determine that there is a genuine need, printed directories may be created only by using Ward Directory and Map on ChurchofJesusChrist.org. These directories do not include the gender, age, or birthday of members.
Following that restriction, I'm not sure as the ward clerk is going to have any better luck then the average helpful member. Worse, the clerk's view could include information that the members had restricted to "leadership only".

I would suggest submitting feedback reminding them of the GHI restriction and that the print function needs to work well enough to create a printout for those who do not use technology.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The directory a clerk prints can adhere to the requirement to "not include gender, age, or birthday of members." This is done by ensuring those options are not checked in the "Show" drop-down list box. But in checking this out I had recalled that there was an option for the clerk to print the directory that included the privacy restrictions. But in accessing the LCR > Membership > Member List I noted that the list had changed sometime over the past month to be displayed exactly the same as the LCR > Reports > Member List. The old HTML page had been replaced and most of the functionality had changed to look and behave exactly like the LCR > Reports > Member List. And gone was some of the options in the print menu. Most notably was the "For Members" print option. That option created a printout that complied with the privacy restrictions. It is not an option now. So while not including gender, age, or birthday is an option, complying with the privacy selections of households and members is not available.

It looks to me that in the process of programming improvements in LCR and Member Tools to "better assist members and leaders in fulfilling their callings and responsibilities, in ministering more effectively to others, and in accomplishing the mission of the Church"* that there are other changes that we can expect to change from how things were done before. I would expect, or speculate, that printing from the Ward Directory and Map will return, but with some changes from what was possible before. What we are experiencing now in the Ward Directory and Map may be a temporary challenge.

* Notice, Upcoming Changes to Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) and Member Tools Applications, September 28, 2023 (Link is calling restricted.)
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”