Reporting Youtube video

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jackw9862

Reporting Youtube video

Post by jackw9862 »

Probably the wrong place, but maybe someone has an answer.

There is a video on utube purporting to be a temple prayer circle. I'm guessing this is a known problem but want to make sure it has been reported.
gregwanderson

Re: Reporting Issues

Post by gregwanderson »

My guess is that things like this are brought to the attention of CHQ very quickly. I have no idea how church leaders and their attorneys respond or plan to respond. In many ways, the Internet is "the wild west". Perhaps if someone in a video like this can prove that they were recorded without permission then it could be blocked. Otherwise, I suspect that the powers-that-be at YouTube/Google couldn't care less about what someone deems sacred.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Reporting Youtube video

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the Reporting Issues thread in the Announcements & Policies forum. This thread is a different topic.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Reporting Youtube video

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, there are several such videos on YouTube.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Reporting Issues

Post by Mikerowaved »

mrrad wrote:Otherwise, I suspect that the powers-that-be at YouTube/Google couldn't care less about what someone deems sacred.
YouTube might not care much about the sacred nature, but they ARE responsive to requests of removing copyrighted material posted without the owner's permission, as long as the request comes from the owner. If this falls into that category, the only way for anything to happen would be for the church's Intellectual Property Office to make the first move. You can pass the info to them at:

Phone: 801-240-3959 or 1-800-453-3860, ext. 2-3959
Fax: 801-240-1187
E-Mail: cor-intellectualproperty@ldschurch.org.

or by writing:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Intellectual Property Office
50 E. North Temple
18th Floor, Salt Lake City, UT 84150-3012
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”