Can Ward Clerk authorize a donation batch?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
idjeeper2

Can Ward Clerk authorize a donation batch?

Post by idjeeper2 »

This past Sunday, we processed a small batch of donations. When it came time to authorize the batch, I entered my user name and password, and the bishopric counselor entered his. We got an error that said it had to be authorized by a clerk and a member of the bishopric. Tried several times and kept getting the error. Since I am an administrator, we went in and checked to see if the privileges were set correctly; no problem there. Checked the callings report, I'm in there as Ward Clerk. I have no problem getting into all of the Clerk functions at LDS.org. I was the logged-in user so I know I can get to the finance functions. We finally had to call one of the finance clerks to come back and authorize the batch.

So is this a glitch in our system or is batch authorization limited only to finance clerks?
Gary_Miller

Re: Can Ward Clerk authorize a donation batch?

Post by Gary_Miller »

Two possibilities that I can think of that would cause this.

1. You are not in a Standard Calling as the Ward Clerk.
2. You are in the system as Assistant Ward Clerk - Membership.

Since you state that you can get into all the clerk functions I'm assuming you mean Clerk Resources. If this is the case then I would have to lean towards possibility number 2, since if you were in a custom calling of Ward Clerk you would not be able to get into Clerk Resources.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”