Unlock the Newsletter so you don't have to be logged in

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
strj500

Unlock the Newsletter so you don't have to be logged in

Post by strj500 »

Unlock the Newsletter so you don't have to be logged in to view it. It would be nice if people could go the newsletter without having to be logged in and also I think someone suggested to me that people could see what's going on in their wards (or something like that was suggested). Nothing in a newsletter should be confidential to just people in that ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unlock the Newsletter so you don't have to be logged in

Post by russellhltn »

I think the various privacy laws in different countries can make that problematic.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

strj500 wrote:Unlock the Newsletter so you don't have to be logged in to view it. It would be nice if people could go the newsletter without having to be logged in......
Without people logging in the computer system would know newsletter pertains to you.
strj500 wrote:and also I think someone suggested to me that people could see what's going on in their wards (or something like that was suggested). Nothing in a newsletter should be confidential to just people in that ward.
This would mean having to go through thousands of different wards just to find the news letter for you ward. I know that the program could be written so that you could go through several steps to finally arrive at the news letter you wanted to view. But that would mean many more steps for something that really does not apply to anyone but the members of a specific unit.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There could be confidential or sensitive information posted on the newsletter, such as PDF directories, contact info for leaders, times and places where children's activities are held, etc.

Return to “Newsletter”