'Share' Link When Highlighting Single Verse Not working

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
derektangren

'Share' Link When Highlighting Single Verse Not working

Post by derektangren »

Love the new Gospel Library and all the added functionality. I've found that selecting a single verse and then trying to share (such as out to a notebook) does not work on my iPad (works fine on my iPhone). Notes, Tags, Links, & Highlights work fine, but if pressing the share button doesn't do anything.

I can press the share for the whole chapter (in the upper right next to the pages & additional material links) and that comes up with the appropriate options (Message, Mail, Twitter, Notebook, Bookmark, etc.).

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!
enjoytrevor

Re: 'Share' Link When Highlighting Single Verse Not working

Post by enjoytrevor »

The problem seems to be related to the logic that tells the copy/share control where to appear based on where the selected verse is, relative to the top of the page and the content currently on the user's screen. So it's more of a problem in longer chapters. The box actually is coming up, but above where you can currently see. You can test this by attempting to select verses higher up the chapter until you see the box starting to poke out the top. I couldn't come up with any work-arounds, other than selecting the verse you want, and then expanding your selection progressively higher until you can reach the control when you hit the share button. And I realize that's not much of a workaround.

This was tested on an iPad 3 using iOS 6 and 7.
derektangren

Re: 'Share' Link When Highlighting Single Verse Not working

Post by derektangren »

That looks like it was the issue you describe! I just download the 3.03 update and that looks like it resolved the issue (at least I'm not seeing it where I used to).

Thanks!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”