New subscriptions are not transferred to google or ICAL

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Marc0

New subscriptions are not transferred to google or ICAL

Post by Marc0 »

v2.5 has got the same behaviour as the former version. Whenever a subscripton setup is changed, you have to remove the imported calender from google or ICAL and create a new URL. Meanwhile "somebody" changed my subscriptions to every calender - I changed it manually back but couldn't see the results in linked calenders (google and ICAL). Deleting the calander in google and adding a new on with the freshly generated URL was successful. Unfortunately not with the iphone (5). After deleting the imported calender and successfully entering the new URL no entry are displayed anymore.

I know - 2 question, any ideas?
BR, Marco

Edit: One question is solved, I don't know why, but approx. 2h after creating the new URL the data finally reached the iphone. Still one question left...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New subscriptions are not transferred to google or ICAL

Post by russellhltn »

Note there are a couple of things to keep in mind.

First, there is a 9 minute throttle on requesting a file via the URL. Any attempt to get a new file in less then 9 minutes will result in a blank file. This applies to ALL requests, not just the ones from a particular device. So it's the sum of all requests from all devices programmed with that URL.

Second, it's completely up to the device as to when the information is polled. Changing subscriptions on lds.org will have NO effect until the device requests an update.

In the case of Google, if there's a setting to set the frequency or time, I've not found it. But it appears to happen about once a day. So any changes to subscriptions may take a day before it's reflected in Google unless you do something to make it pull the information immediately.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”