Incorrect gender on babies record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
budhac

Incorrect gender on babies record

Post by budhac »

I was going through the records of a family in our ward who recently had a baby. I noted that on the babies record the gender was incorrect. Is there a way to update the gender via MLS? I don't see an option under the clerk resource in lds.org.

Any help would be appreciated.
Gary_Miller

Re: Incorrect gender on babies record

Post by Gary_Miller »

budhac wrote:I was going through the records of a family in our ward who recently had a baby. I noted that on the babies record the gender was incorrect. Is there a way to update the gender via MLS? I don't see an option under the clerk resource in lds.org.

A special request through MLS should be able to get this fixed for you.
budhac

Post by budhac »

Thanks
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

budhac wrote:I was going through the records of a family in our ward who recently had a baby. I noted that on the babies record the gender was incorrect. Is there a way to update the gender via MLS? I don't see an option under the clerk resource in lds.org.

Have you tried opening the individual record and editing the Personal Information section? At least in the test install it lets you edit the gender.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

eblood66 wrote:

Have you tried opening the individual record and editing the Personal Information section? At least in the test install it lets you edit the gender.
I can confirm that this option will work in a real live MLS installation!

Return to “Membership Help”