Unable to upload photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
cbmcmurtrey

Unable to upload photos

Post by cbmcmurtrey »

There seems to be an issue with uploading photos in the directory found in LDS.org and via LDS Tools on an Apple device. A member was having issues and asked me to attempt it and I am having the same issue.

You can select the photo, but it never actually uploads. The icon shows that it is attempting to upload the file, but it does not.

In LDS tools an error message appears stating that the upload could not take place at this time.

Any thoughts?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to upload photos

Post by sbradshaw »

Is it a photo for an out-of-unit member you're trying to update? For a while (I don't know if it's been fixed yet) the buttons and option to upload a photo for an out-of-unit member has shown up, but doesn't let you actually upload the photo...
jagflynn

Post by jagflynn »

I am assigned to a branch as an out-of-unit member; my membership record has not been transferred from my ward to the branch. An out-of-unit record was created in the branch computer, and I was assigned to be the website administrator for the branch. I took a photo of the branch president using my IPAD and was unable to upload the photo via the LDS Tools IPAD application or via LDS.org directory (using Safari as the browser). So I emailed the photo to myself, saved it on my Windows laptop, and uploaded it via LDS.org directory (using IE as the browser). So the issue appears to be an Apple compatibility issue rather than an out-of-unit issue.

jagflynn@hotmail.com
jagflynn@hotmail.com
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Is the branch president also an out-of-unit member?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”