URL Addresses for ICAL/Iphone 5C

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
wrlpilot

URL Addresses for ICAL/Iphone 5C

Post by wrlpilot »

I tried to subscribe to my lds.org calendar from my iphone 5C tonight. It seems to validate without any errors but never shows up as a calendar on my iphone list of calendars nor do any events show up on my iphone calendar. Just to test my phone I subscribed to the BYU football schedule and that is working fine. I'm wondering if the URL's that lds.org is generating are not correct. Any ideas?
Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: URL Addresses for ICAL/Iphone 5C

Post by russellhltn »

The calendar has a 9 minute throttle on it. If the phone does a request to check if the URL is valid and then does another to get the data, it will come up empty handed. Likewise if the phone attempts to sync too often. You have to wait at least 9 minutes since the last thing you own uses that URL before you'll get valid data.

If you're still coming up empty, paste the URL into a web browser and you should be rewarded with a iCal file. (Assuming you've waited 9 minutes since the last attempt.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wrlpilot

Post by wrlpilot »

Thank you for the suggestion. unfortunately I am getting the same result. Looks like an iphone issue as the calendar doesn't even show up as a subscribed calendar on my calendar list after I subscribe to it. The same URL works fine on my ipad so I know the URL is fine.
Marc0

Post by Marc0 »

It's the same with me (or my iphone 5). The URL is fine, it worked immediately in my google calender. Even after 1 h nothing appeared on the iphone. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Marco

Unbelievalbe - Now. approx. 2 h later everything is displayed correctly... ???
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Note that the 9-minute throttle applies to all your devices. So, if your iPad syncs the LDS.org calendar every hour at :55, and the iPhone tries to sync every hour at :00, the iPhone will never be able to get any data.
Last edited by sbradshaw on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sbradshaw wrote:... 9-hour throttle...
That's a 9-minute throttle. :)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

aebrown wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:... 9-hour throttle...
That's a 9-minute throttle. :)
So it is – fixed. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Calendar”