Member's DST does not match settings on calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dmwilhelm

Member's DST does not match settings on calendars

Post by dmwilhelm »

I have a member complaining that two events are changing times starting in November, as it would with DST. The problem is that we are in the Phoenix, Arizona area and we do not use DST. What does one member having this issue do?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Member's DST does not match settings on calendars

Post by aebrown »

dmwilhelm wrote:I have a member complaining that two events are changing times starting in November, as it would with DST. The problem is that we are in the Phoenix, Arizona area and we do not use DST. What does one member having this issue do?
The first thing I would do is check the time zone setting on that member's computer. It might be set to Mountain Time, instead of Arizona time.
dmwilhelm

Post by dmwilhelm »

It is happening with another member. All of her dates have an hour added as of November 1st. It's my sister. Her Windows 8 is set to GMT-Arizona. I checked everywhere I could think of to see if there is more than one place to set the Stake Center's Time Zone. There is only the one area in Locations & Rooms area. I verified that it is set to America/Phoenix. What can I do? Is there someone I can contact to fix the problem? I must admit I miss the help desk system we used to use. Not that the forums aren't an awesome idea.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is this specific users? Specific events? Or do all of them change for everyone? So far it seems to be member-specific, but I'd like to check that assumption.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dmwilhelm

Post by dmwilhelm »

I'll email several members to ask them what happens on their accounts. The first member checked both his computers and got the same result and his Time Zone is set to Arizona on both. The thing that surprises me is that my LDS.org account is showing the correct times. If it was across the board I'd understand. I placed all those events on the Stake Calendar, so I wonder if that is why the DST are correct on mine. I'll ask several members to check and I'll let you know what I find out. Thank you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dmwilhelm wrote:I placed all those events on the Stake Calendar, so I wonder if that is why the DST are correct on mine.
You might want to double-check and make sure your DST settings are correct. ;)

Which way are they seeing the events move? That would give a clue as to if it's them or the scheduler.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dmwilhelm

Post by dmwilhelm »

I am both the scheduler and in charge of the Stake Calendar system. (two different callings) My DST are correct. :) All the responses I've had so far say that the times change in November. The Stake Exec. Sec. and myself (I'm Assistant Stake Exec. Sec) both have correct times. Everyone else so far has DST. The home computer's honestly shouldn't have anything to do with it. The database should abide by the location Time Zone settings.

The events are all one hours ahead.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

This may be a combination of the member device settings and the daylight saving time bug that keeps appearing each November in the Calendar system. Check out the whole thread.

It may also be related to the settings on the device/computer of the person who entered the event. In any case, it is extremely frustrating.
dmwilhelm

Post by dmwilhelm »

That link goes to a Sunday on Saturday post. The DST part of does not apply here. Our problem continues into December and we should not have DST in our area at all.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dmwilhelm wrote:That link goes to a Sunday on Saturday post. The DST part of does not apply here. Our problem continues into December and we should not have DST in our area at all.
Unfortunately, I think you will find that it will be a factor until the Calendar is fixed for November 2014. Although the topic was specific to one day, the same problem exists on any day of the week.

And while the fact that it continues into December may seem to point to user devices, know that here, where we do have DST, we are not able yet to put correct times on our calendars for November 2014.

Return to “Calendar”