PDF with Pictures Overload?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
wowonet

PDF with Pictures Overload?

Post by wowonet »

We've been working hard to add pictures to our ward directory and I think I may have overloaded the system. Yesterday I was able to print an "All Adults" PDF with pictures. Today, after adding more pictures, I receive the following error message in both IE and Chrome:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /directory/services/ludrs/print/259969/group/.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Additionally, a 302 Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any ideas?
mevans

Re: PDF with Pictures Overload?

Post by mevans »

I don't know how the directory system is designed, so all I could do is guess. I have seen in some computer systems I've worked on that a large report (such as a Directory printout with pictures) might take too long to generate and cause a timeout problem. Even in that case, the problem was intermittent based on system load.

I kind of wonder if there was just a system problem on Monday. Are you still having problems today? I wonder if it was a temporary system problem? Is it a consistent problem for others in your ward? If it happens all the time over several days and for several people in your ward, you might try contacting the service center.
wowonet

Re: PDF with Pictures Overload?

Post by wowonet »

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, today it did work! Must have been a server issue.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”