Calendar Admin vs user privilage

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ELHawkes

Calendar Admin vs user privilage

Post by ELHawkes »

Calendar Feature request:
Being the bishop and other leadership positions, automatically gives you full admin calendar privileges. Sometimes it would be nice to see what a non-leader member sees when they open the calendar for viewing and submitting events, so you can better explain to members their options and what and how to do things. It would be nice if a leader could temporarily turn on a Non-admin mode so we can better understand the look and feel of the options a general member sees.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar Admin vs user privilage

Post by russellhltn »

I don't think there is much of a difference. It's just what options you see when you click on the "gear" icon.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Looking at my wife's calendar they see the same information in the view calendar screen as those with administrative rights. And she cannot submit/input events at all, only calendar editors can input/submit events. And as Russell stated she does not have the all options in the system settings under the "gear" icon
jirp

Post by jirp »

I agree it would be a nice feature. As the stake didn't know how to implement the calendar changes I was given stake level access to the calendar too. So ideally the function should have 5 levels. General user no calendar editing, leader with calendar editing, building scheduler, general admin rights and stake admin rights.

Currently the other answer has been to ask ward members to log into their account long enough to see what they see.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

jirp wrote:Currently the other answer has been to ask ward members to log into their account long enough to see what they see.
And what you discovered was that they saw the something you saw when looking at the calendar view. The only difference is in the settings area where an administrator would have more tools available.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The only big difference I can think of is that building schedulers see a "restriction" calendar that might be useful. But other then that, I think all the other differences can be easily expected given the limited rights. I don't think the differences are that big.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

russellhltn wrote:The only big difference I can think of is that building schedulers see a "restriction" calendar that might be useful.
Yes but that is a whole separate area with in the program that building Schedulers have to physically select to go into.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gary_Miller wrote:
russellhltn wrote:The only big difference I can think of is that building schedulers see a "restriction" calendar that might be useful.
Yes but that is a whole separate area with in the program that building Schedulers have to physically select to go into.
True, but I was talking about the "I can do that, why can't you" syndrome when a leader is trying to help a user.

The biggest thing that changes the calendar's appearance is what calendars a person is subscribed to. That controls what check boxes appear and what events can be made to appear on the main screen.

There really shouldn't be any deep mystery of how the calendar looks to non-privileged users.

Return to “Calendar”