calendar email notification time off by 3 hours

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
hawkmoonsundown

calendar email notification time off by 3 hours

Post by hawkmoonsundown »

I have read the timezone threads. This issue does not quite fit those scenarios.

An event description was updated. No time changes were made to the event. Update was made in the same timezone as the unit. An email notification was sent out immediately.

The calendar indicates the event starts at 7pm. This was confirmed by other members'computers. However, everyone received an email telling them the event started at 10pm.

Attempted to update the time with the same result.

I can't fix this one through magical timezone changes on my device.

Please advise.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: calendar email notification time off by 3 hours

Post by russellhltn »

What time zone is everyone in?

While it seems like a real stretch, any possibility that the erroneous time information came from the event description?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hawkmoonsundown

Arizona timezone. No time was in the description.

Let me know.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Now that is strange. AZ is MST (UTC-7), only an hour off from Utah time (MDT). So what kind of bug could create 3 hours? The only thing I'm coming up with is that some database has you in the EDT time zone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hawkmoonsundown

Not sure if this is useful but check the Arizona Surprise stake copper canyon ward young men calendar October 2nd joint activity.

Maybe it's a matter related to the creation of the series?

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

hawkmoonsundown wrote:Not sure if this is useful but check the Arizona Surprise stake copper canyon ward young men calendar October 2nd joint activity.
Only members of that ward can view that ward's calendars.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hawkmoonsundown wrote:Let me know if you need more info.
Can you send me:

1) the specific event that has the issue (event name, date, time, and calendar name)

2) PM me your header information (https://lds.org/header)

Return to “Calendar”